Your questions answered
Browse the topics below or use our search bar to find what you’re looking for. Remember, if your question isn’t listed, we can still help you. Simply fill out the ‘Ask A Question’ form at the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section covers general questions relating to the over all service provided by Ghost Gamer Broadband. Insight into our excellent and dedicated team, Ghost’s speeds, general contract questions, and payment methods.
ACCOUNTThis section contains more specific questions with regards to personal account information, updating user account details, general complaints about the service, activation fees, and product cancellation processes.
TECHNICALThe technical section provides dedicated answers to performance-based and setup queries. Raising a line fault, configuring your Ghost router correctly, connection differences, including ping and traffic management.
FAQs by Category
General QuestionsAbout Ghost Gamer Broadband
Account QuestionsAbout Ghost Gamer Broadband
Technical QuestionsAbout Ghost Gamer Broadband
Please find the below guide for configuring a TPLink VR40o Router for a Ghost FTTC connection. You can also download a copy of this guide here.
- Press and hold the FACTORY reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds.
- Connect to the router via WiFi or ethernet
- Open a web browser to http://192.168.1.1
- The quick start wizard will appear.
- Enter a device password of your choice and confirm this. Click LETS GET STARTED
- Region and Time Zone. Select United Kingdom in the drop down and click NEXT.
- ISP LIST. Select OTHER and click NEXT.
- Enter the following and click NEXT.
- L2 INTERFACE TYPE: VDSL
- VLAN: ENABLE
- VLAN ID: 101
- INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE: PPPoE
- USERNAME: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PASSWORD: replace-password
- CONFIRM PASSWORD: replace-password
- WiFi leave default and click NEXT. (Un-tick the SMART Box)
- You should then see a testing screen.
- Click FINISH. This screen will show your information not what is show below.
Use this form to submit a question which hasn’t been addressed within the Ghost FAQ section.
We shall endeavour to provide an answer as quickly as possible and add it to the appropriate section.