Please find the below guide for configuring a TPLink VR40o Router for a Ghost FTTC connection. You can also download a copy of this guide here.
- Press and hold the FACTORY reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds.
- Connect to the router via WiFi or ethernet
- Open a web browser to http://192.168.1.1
- The quick start wizard will appear.
- Enter a device password of your choice and confirm this. Click LETS GET STARTED
- Region and Time Zone. Select United Kingdom in the drop down and click NEXT.
- ISP LIST. Select OTHER and click NEXT.
- Enter the following and click NEXT.
- L2 INTERFACE TYPE: VDSL
- VLAN: ENABLE
- VLAN ID: 101
- INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE: PPPoE
- USERNAME: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PASSWORD: replace-password
- CONFIRM PASSWORD: replace-password
- WiFi leave default and click NEXT. (Un-tick the SMART Box)
- You should then see a testing screen.
- Click FINISH. This screen will show your information not what is show below.
Category: Technical Questions